Wednesday, February 15, 2006

..."time to let go"

..."though the pain and heartache...seems to follow me wherever I go
Though I try and try to hide my feelings...they always seem to show
Then you try to say you're leaving me, and I always have to say no
...Tell me whyyyyy......is it sooooooooo....don't wanna let you GO!"

...those classic words from the Jackson 5 seem to describe my "at-the-moment" mood. The passing of Valentine's Day has allowed me to reflect on the one person who I probably will always love. Sometimes I wish the whole concept of "love" was like a switch that I can just turn off when I start feeling oh so blue.......*sigh*

Well we met back when I was a senior in high school. Me 17.....him 19. N'ah, it wasn't "love at first sight" or anything....as a matter of fact, I had considered "love" to be overrated...superficial.......only ends up wonderful in the storybooks.....you know...just bullshit society feeds you as the ultimate goal in your existance....thus, I avoided it like sex without a condom......besides....up to that point, I loved people (family members, old friends, etc), but I didn't really like them that much. Those I loved caused me the most stress anyways, so I was pretty much "bah-humbaag" about it.

...Anywho, he's partly responsible for the woman I am today. We were together for about 4 years, though my entire family seemed to hate him without getting to know him first. He's always treated me with respect, never allowed me to be unhappy for extended periods of time. You could say he's the driving force behind most of my lovey-dovey creativity ;-D

...oh well....as they say....all good things must come to an end. ;-( .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:43 PM , Blogger Frankie said...

Hey, I was reading through your blog and decided that it was very interesting. I realized that I agree with you on most of the same situations especially "time to let go". My ex and I have been apart for almost a year. It'll be a year in May. we were together for 3 years and I still think about him. But i can never seem to stop wondering if he still thinks about me too. Oh well, I guess I'll continue to daydream in my sleep. Thanks for sharing your blog.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger ~Kesh said...

no problemo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter