Monday, April 14, 2008

...Time to cut out (*coughcutdownjustalilcough*) the sodas

...week six of the workout plan...obviously, I'd achieve better results if I stuck to the food plan provided, but eh...I'm a southern gal...a greedy one at that...so I'm just gonna promise myself to cut back. We must crawl before we walk! (i.e., we must take baby steps before we quit!)....so how's about cuttin' a sista some slack here.

First things first: Admittance
  • My name is Kesha, and I have a problem: I'm addicted to snacks.
  • six weeks of workin out = six weeks of no candy, Lil Debbies, or Krispy Kremes...I'm cryin' like a big baby now...;-(....but that's waaay too much sugar and calories...so this is what I'm gonna push myself to do...three 8oz cups of water every time I get the urge to drink a soda....you know...trying to dilute my addictions a bit lol.

...so there you have it folks...and I've never broken a promise to myself, so I shall see more results soon!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

10% Tip: Soda Substitutes -- Kesha's "Off the Chains" Bomb-ass Green Sweet Tea

...again folks...use it, don't abuse it.

What you'll need:

~a medium-sized boiler

~a stove with some heat

~a fridge with some power

~water

~a pitcher, or one of those plastic container thingies, with the spout at the bottom, (damn, I remember back in the day, Hardeez gave those out for the Fourth of July!...we had about 10 of 'em! lol...okay, back to bid'ness)

~damn near 10 greentea bags of Bigelow Green Tea(I done spent plenty of $ trial testin', so you people better appreciate this!)

~sugar...(notice I didn't say "tons of sugar"...you're welcome :-D )

~time and patience

The Simple Steps: (fiiiiivve steps....two steps past Mars....and three wishhheeeesssss)

  • Bring the water to a boil. Cut off the fire
  • Let the tea bags chill in the water...for a few hours (6-8) ....I know I know...like Nike says, "Just Do It"
  • Pour brewed tea into pitcher...mix with water
  • add sugar to your desired taste
  • put pitcher in the fridge...let it chill "Let's chill...we gotta settle down"
  • and BIM! you got yourself some Bomb-Ass Green Tea!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter