Friday, June 23, 2006

"I wonder why we take from our women, why we rape our women, do we hate our women?

...food for thought

I think its time we kill for our women. To heal our women. Be real to our women. -- Tupac Shakur (Keep Your Head Up)

I get around. The underground just don't stop for Ho's. -- Tupac Shakur (I Get Around-Same CD)


Dear Black Woman: I know that you have suspected this for many years but now it's time to lay the cards on the table and keep it real.


I hate you.


I know that some of the "heavy" Brotha's say that you are the mother of civilization and every thang but they never taught me that in history class. They never taught me about Queen Nzinga and Candace and the old flix on cable have the queens of Egypt lookin' more like Elizabeth Taylor than Eartha Kitt. I never saw any movies about the original ride or die chick Harriet Tubman who was quick to pull a gat on any sucka that punked out and didn't want to roll with tha crew to the Promised Land. But I did see Butta Fly McQueen flossin' in front of Ms. Scarlett 'bout how she "didn't know nuthin' bout birthin' no babies." White folks call that joint a classic. Church wasn't much better as the only women I ever heard about were a white virgin named Mary and whispers about Sis. Ruth sleepin' with the pastor and half the deacon board.


So I hate you.


Now I ain't tryin' to get all deep and philosophical bout this thang cuz I know that peeps have dropped science about some sort of legacy of slavery and how the white man snatched African men from their women and children. How 100 pound Ol' massa Charlie would have his way with Sallie Mae while all 300 pound Big Buck could do was sit in the corner and cry like a little b....um baby. I've heard the old playa's from down south talk about how every Saturday night when they were out with a sweet lil honey, they ran the risk of having a bunch of good ol boyz snatch her up and throw her in the back of a pickup. So they say when I strike out at you I am really striking out at them and my inability to protect you from them. But that ain't true, I'm just following the pimp code laid down by Bishop Don Juan and them..."Always keep a Ho in her place..."


They tell me that there is some sort of conspiracy to destroy the Black family by givin' the sista's more job opportunities than the Brotha's. Some sort of two for one deal where they can satisfy racial quota requirements by hiring somebody who is both black and female before they hire me. So while you went out lookin' for work , every day I was at home eatin' Cheerios and playin' Play Station. That was until social services told you that you had to choose between me stayin' at your crib and keepin' the welfare check so you could feed my lil seed Tyree. So, I'm back home:a 30 year ol man still sleepin' on his mama's couch.


So I hate you.


Maybe I hate you cuz you hate yourself. This ain't the 60's with Sista's with Angela Davis afros throwin' up the Black fist and demanding RESPECT. This ain't even the Sista Power Hip Hop Era when Latifah was still tha queen and Yo Yo was down with the Intelligent Black Woman's Coalition. I mean Isis long done changed her name to Lin Que. We ain't seen Sista Soulja in a minute and Ms. Melody's been missing in action every since she and Kris got that divorce. I haven't heard a Sista speak what's on her mind in a while. But I do see Betty tha Body's booty on the videos every day. Not even sure if Sista's got a voice cuz in every video they are showin' her behind like it's got a mind of its own. But I watch anyway.


So when I flip the channel on the wide screen and hear about a bunch of white boys rapin' a Sista with a broomstick, I can't even get mad cuz my boy Shawn told how he put an extra C-note in Sexy Chocolate's thong at the Hypnotic Ho Club, last night so that she could do that thang she does with a Colt 45 bottle and some Skittles....


So I hate you.


I heard that some Brotha's and Sista's are calling May "Respect Black Women Month" and starting the R.O.S.E. (Respect Our Sisters Everywhere) movement. I heard that they are asking Hip Hop headz not to call Sista's tha "B" word this month and asking Brotha's to give a rose to any Sista whom they have disrespected...I probably won't participate, though. I can't be no hypocrite.


Like I was tellin' my anger management counselor last week, you know the one that the court assigned me to after I caught that case for slappin' Toneka on the corner of 5th and 3rd, last week? Anyway, he asked me if I hated my moms and I told him that I hated her every since that day when them boyz chased me home from school in the 3rd grade and I hoped that pops would come to the door to have my back but it was mama...Pops had skipped town again. Or that time when it was only mama who came to my graduation...Pops couldn't make it. He was locked up again. I never really liked too much of anything after that. Not even my own reflection in the mirror.


Maybe I hate you so much cuz I hate me.......



SOURCE

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter