Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Eligible Bachelors -- Take one

There's a variety of reasons why I'm still single...I think the biggest one is me being in school. I'm trying to graduate, and pretty soon, so I just don't have enough time (physically, emotionally, etc) to devote to a healthy relationship. That just wouldn't be fair to the other person. Anywho, here's my list of "Eligible Bachelors"....names have been changed to protect the guilty.

Bachelor #1: *Darryl*
Stats: 32...single...no kids...college grad...steady job...persuing 2nd degree....into digital technology
Why it didn't work out: I met Darryl about 3 years ago....he's 10 years my senior...age was never an issue. We started off as bus buddies. I was with another guy at the time. I would invite him to hang out with me and the ex all the time...you know...double date and all that good stuff....he would always decline. Tells me he didn't get good vibes from the guy. After me and the ex broke up the first time (that's a whole 'nother story), he was estatic. I would hang with him....movies, food, the whole nine...i get bored...go over...he lets me use his internet...you know...we were startin' to be cool peoples...we had a nice lil friendship going until he drops the bomb while we're working on a project one day....:


"I can't do this anymore"

"...yeah...I'm kinda tired too...we can finish this some other time...so what do you think about---"

"no, not the project...I mean this."

"oooookay....I'm confused"

"I can't be around you...not when I can't have you"

"wait a sec--what? what are you talking about?"

"I'm sick of this "buddy" shit we're doing here. I can't pretend any longer"

"um....ok...maybe I should leave...."

"no wait *grabs me in an embrace*...I'm sorry."

me getting scared: "D...could you let me go please? You're scaring me"

"no, my bad Kesha, listen..."


...he proceeds to explain his philosophy. Apparantly, he doesn't see the reason being my "friend" when he wants something more. Me, I'm still stuck on the ex, and I have no idea where he's getting these romantic feelings from. Anywho, we agree to remain friends just to squash the ackwardness. Afterwards, I don't talk to him for a few weeks, he calls me out of the blue about a going to a play...I decline, he persists....shows up at my house to take me out anyway. We chat in the car, and according to him, I should at least try a relationship with him. That I shouldn't "blow him off" in his words, becasue I never know what could happen. *sigh*....even though I see this type of relationship going nowhere with him, I agree to give it a try.

Issue #1: I have a few male friends, and a few female friends....so does he...however, he had a problem with my male friends....

Issue #2: He wanted sex, and was ready to start a family. I'm sorry, but a man not good enough to marry me is equally not good enough to father my kids. He made it plain and clear that he was all for the marriage thing, but I'm neither in love, nor ready (at this point in my life) to settle down.

Issue #3: He doesn't believe in a woman be independent. In other words, yes she should be educated and pursue a carrer, but as far as household issues, men should be head of household. They should pay all the bills, and give the woman money keep herself up. Again, his words, not mine. He also was multi-talented...meaning there was nothing he had a problem doing, and doing well. The guy even knew how to sew--and better than ME! Our relationship consisted of him taking me places, doing things for me, etc. and NEVER would he allow it the other way around. I was just there...taking up space...I didn't do anything but tutor him when needed. I felt useless really. So that's where that one ended.

Moral: Men and Woman CAN be friends. We were doing just fine until all of this catching feelings stuff came up

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter