Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm FED UP with DELL!

...I have a Dell Inspiron 1200 notebook...which is pretty decent for me, as a college student. I got for $500 back in August (2005). I also had high-speed Comcast internet (actually, I didn't pay for this one, but I'll get into that later).

Everything is working nicely, up until December of last year. I'm unable to get onto the internet, which I need espeically for school purposes. I call the Dell people, get transferred about 50 million times, and they tell me that I need to talk to my ISP, which is Comcast. I call Comcast...the woman tells me to clear my cookies, check this, check that, etc., still nothing. She informs me that I need to talk with Dell...that I may have an "internal problem" that should be fixed. Didn't I just call those fuckers? *sigh*

I was hoping to get it fixed by this semester, but screw it. Since I was unable to get online, I just let Comcast cancel it. Plus my "20 bucks for 3 months" deal was up anyways. If I can't log on, I sure as hell aint paying for no internet. Back to square one.

Three keys on my keyboard popped off, so I call Dell....tell them what the Comcast lady said....tell them about my popped keys....I have to REPLACE the ENTIRE keyboard! I ask how much....10 bucks...I'm cool....Dell guy tells me that it's a "self" type of thing---they'll sent it along with instructions, and I can install it myself. I'm like, cool. He tells me there's nothing he can do about my "internal problems" unless I have the internet. Well they'd better fix my shit within 24 hours. That's my logic *sigh*. This was Sunday.

Come Monday, my keyboard arrives in the mail. Guess what's missing? THE FUCKING INSTRUCTIONS! *sigh*...once again, I call the Dell people....it goes a little like this:

Robot: thank you for calling Dell. We love serving you....all of our representatives are currently serving other customers...please wait on the line for the next available representative.....BEEP BEEP

Me: 99 bottles of beer on the wall.....99 bottles of beer..

....I wait a good 15 minutes before I'm connected to a human. and that so called "classical" music was hurting my damn ears. I would rather hear nothing than to hear that. At LEAST play some Jazz. Sheesh.

Dude: thank you for calling DELL. My name is *Dave*. To verify your account, may I have your first and last name?

Me: WTF? Sure, um...(I tell him my name)

Dude: Kesha? how do you spell that?

Me: *sigh* K-E-S-H-A......no I

Dude: mm hmm...now what's your address and telephone number?

Me: WTF ....*i tell the info*

Dude: ok....*type type type*....and what's your service tag number, and express service code?

Me: *struggles to locate info*...um,....*i tell info*

Dude: thank you. Now Ms. Kesha, what seems to be the problem?

....up to this point, I was on the line for about 8 minutes. I explain my problem.

Dude: oh um....well...we don't handle Inspiron 1200's. I'm gonna have to transfer you.

Me: WTFFFFFFFF! *Sigh*

...he transfers me...Like a fucking raggedy CD, I repeat the same shit. And guess what? THEY TRANSFER ME AGAIN!

...I'm on the line for 45 minutes at this point, when I say, FUCK IT! How about letting me speak first instead of asking 10,000,000 questions, only to not be able to help me? And how about letting a HUMAN answer the phone? I can't talk to no fucking ROBOT!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter