Friday, January 26, 2007

"Everytime I try to leave, something keeps pullin' me back, me back"

...basically, I'm back with this guy (see --> Time To Let Go ). This is how it all went down...:

November 04, 2006
He leaves a voicemail. I haven't saw or spoken to this guy in about 19 months, mind you (not that I'm counting or anything...well it was documented in my journal aiight?...sheesh). In the meantime, I'm having problems with my cell phone, so I don't get to check my messages until days later (the Verizon Wireless people had my phone for a few days)...

Message #1: hey Kesha, um...It's me. I saw your mother at the trainstation and I asked her for your number...I'm just calling to see how you're doing...um...you know...um...call me back when you get this message...*click*

...keep in mind that he didn't leave a number, so when I got my cell back, my "missed call" log was erased....

Message #2: you know something? I really hate leaving voicemails. And who is that on your voicemail? I can't even call to hear your voice? Anyway, its me in case you haven't figured it out already...listen, please call me back when you get this message...ASAP...it's urgent...holla atcha boi...*click*

...yeah. So I'm like, "thee hell?". Oh and keep in mind that my mother didn't mention she went a'handing out my number until the day of these messages. Thanks so much mommie. *sigh*

November 7, 2006
...now, I was pretty anxious after hearing those two messages. What does he want?....I'm watching something on tv....probably Next...or maybe it was the Bernie Mac show or something...anywho, the Verizon folks DHL'ed my new celly (minus the battery), so I had been going through hell and high water to transfer numbers and trying to return some messages...anyways...I gets a call from an uknown number.... (italics are my thoughts):

Me: Hello?

Him: Kesha?

Me: *hesitant* ah...yeah? ( my hesitancy could be contributed to the Citibank folks harrasing me for money)

Him: it's me

Me: oh shit...who is me?

Him: *for privacy purposes, we're gonna call him Boobie lol*

Me: oh shit....*uncomfortable silence*...what's up?

Him: nothing much. I called to see what's up with you?

Me: ehhh....nothing. Just watching a lil TV

Him: yeah...I saw your mom at the train station

Me: I see. mental note...kill momma later on...

Him: yeah...*laughs*...yo momma is a trip...she still looks the same too

Me: ....um...I guess...wtf get to the point already

Him: So where do yall live at now?

Me: *i tell him*...so you're here for good huh?

....he's from New Orleans...we lost touch during the Katrina fiasco...yeah I cared...shut up...I'll admit

Him: yeah. *he tells me where he's living* ..so how's school going?

Me: school's ok *I blab a bit about my classes*...so...*uncomfortable silence.*..must end call quickly...well, can you call me after 9?...I'm kinda gettin' low on minutes *wipes brow*

Him:...oh...ahh...ok...I will...and you better answer my phonecall too. Holla....*click*

...well damn. Just hangup in my face whydontcha...What thee?...guess I'll have to wait 'till after 9. Well at least it gives me some time in preparation for whatever he has to say...curiosity still got the best of me.

...like 5 minutes 'till 9...*ring!*

I know right...dude didn't waste anytime...and it's still not after 9:01...lawd knows Verizon be trippin'. And this joker had the AUDACITY to try to use 5 of my minutes. He'd better be glad I know his good side...

Me: yeahllo?

Him: hey. It's me again

Me: I know. So what's going on?

Him:...shit...waitin' till 9 so I can call you back

Me: technically my clock shows something different

Him: I know...but you'll be aiight

Me:...whatever.

*uncomfortable silence*

Me:...so...-

Him: yeah...I need favor.

Me: Oh hell ....what kinda favor?

Him: do you know of any check cashing places open for 24 hours? I gotta cash this check and quick. It's an emergency.

Me: umm...the only one I know of is the one downtown...

...big mistake. so rather than try to blab the whole conversation verbatim, I'll make a long story short. Basically his little claims of a monetary emergency went over my head. After I tell him straight-foward directions to the dag on place, he wants me to meet him on my lunch break (how dare he?) to show him the place. Well since game recognizes game, I declined, and told him call 411 or look in the yella pages. Nope. Dude was extra persistant knowing good and damn well he could've asked anty boty else besides me. He gets to my house...all smiles and giggles...we go to the wing place...sit down and eat...now he wants to talk about "us". I'm like shit...TIME I move on...NOW he decides to come back into the picture. My minds racing at a hundred miles an hour. Besides, I'm a firm believer that if it didn't work out the first go 'round...chances are...it won't work out the 2nd or 3rd time around. Just move on. Nope. He's not hearing it. Bad bad timing, I say. I'm still in school, I say. I work too, I say. No time to devote to a healthy relationship, I say. Nope. Ok, well we can casually date then. Nope. He wants exclusiveness. What about what you did to me? Huh? I still hate you, I say. I get angry again. Ready to throw this lemon peppered wing upside his head. Non-violent, non-violent i hear MLK say in my head. I retract...eat some fries. He apologizes. I'm a different person now, he says. Promises to spend forever making it up to me. Shittin me. I don't believe in Santa Clause...let alone Love and Promises and shit like that. Just a bunch of fantasy, I say. Don't say that, he says. Just gimmie another chance he says. Puts more food on my plate. Ok fine....just this ONE time last time I conclude. So as you can see folks, the way to a girls heart is some FOOD! lol





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

follow me on Twitter